Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums In The World
10. Gaddafi Stadium, Pakistan: his is situated in Lahore Pakistan. Its capacity is 60,000 and this is the home of the Pakistan cricket team, the Lahore Lions and the Lahore Eagles. Gaddafi Stadium has hosted the final of 1996 ICC Cricket World Cup Australia vs SriLanka which was won by SriLanka.
9. Newlands, Cape Town, South Africa:Cape Town is another South African cricket stadium which hosted many great cricket matches. It is considered the beautiful ground in the world as in evening twilight of sunset pouring on the ground and this shows one of the most beautiful cricket sights.
8. Old Trafford, Manchester, England: It is situated in United Kingdom and it was established in 1854. Here the first test match was played between Australia and England in1884. This stadium is located just 5 minutes away from the famous football Old Trafford Stadium. Old Trafford is the third ground after Lords and Oval which hosted more test matches in England.
7. The WACA, Perth, Australia: It is famous for its extra bounce and due to its fast bowling track it always favors the fast bowlers and they can perform here magnificently. Brett Lee has enjoyed huge achievements here in this ground. The total capacity of this ground is 24,000.
6. Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney, Australia: Sydney Cricket ground is Situated in Australia.It was established in 1884 and its total capacity is 46,000. This ground is also famous for a notorious event between Andrew Symonds and Harbhajan Singh.
5. The Wanderers, Johannesburg, South Africa: Johannesburg is situated in South Africa. Here the first test match was played between South Africa and England in 1956 and Africa was defeated by the England. In this ground the world greatest score 434 was chase by South Africa against Australia. It also hosted the World Cup 2003 final match which was played between India and Australia where Australia defeated India.
4. Eden Gardens, Kolkata, India: The Eden Gardens cricket stadium is situated in the city of Kolkata in India and after 1934 it has become the centre of international cricket when England played a cricket match with India in this stadium.Total capacity of the Eden Gardens is nearly about 90,000 and established in 1864.
3. Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne: It was established in 1854 and total capacity of MCG is over 95,000. Here in this stadium Pakistan defeated England in the final match of World Cup 1992.Melbourne cricket ground has great importance in the history of cricket because it has hosted the first ever International Test Matches which was played in between Australian and England and the first ever ODI matches in 1971 and against between these two teams.
2. The Oval, Kensington London: The Oval, Kensington London has also great importance because The Oval has not only performed the hosting responsibilities of cricket events but also played the first ever Football FA final match in this ground. It should also be remember that the first test match in England was played at The Oval ground. The total capacity of this ground is 23,500 and first test match was played here in 1880.
1. The Lords, London: The Lords, Cricket Ground situated in London. “The Lords” is also called the Home of Cricket. It has remained the centre of ICC committee for a long period of time. The founder of this stadium was Thomas Lord who formed it in 1814, due to which the name of this stadium has become The Lords, Cricket Ground. The first match was played here in 1884.
IMAGE SOURCE: “GOOGLE SEARCH”